Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation review! | Kea Angel

Hello!

Today I am going to be doing a review of the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I brought this 3-4 months ago and I only finished the bottle a few days ago. I was really surprised that it lasted so long but I was really happy. I wanted to use the whole bottle before doing a review because if I don't use it for a long period then I wouldn't feel as if I was giving a full review.




I brought the foundation from Boots for £30. I went into Boots to get colour matched because I wanted it to be the right shade and I wasn't going to spend £30 for it to be too dark for me. I got 1C0 Shell.





I found that the foundation is buildable but (perhaps because of my weird skin type) if I build it up too much then it does look cakey. It has got a good coverage, I would say medium but I have quite bad skin. I found that when blending the foundation it dries quickly but as you blend the foundation it does seem to match my skin better than when it is first put on. It has SPF and I find that it photographs well.
The foundation stays in place and it takes a while for it to fade out during the day. It lasts a long time because you don't need much. I found that on days that my skin had dry patches the foundation showed them up a lot (it's powder based) but other than that, I have had no problems with it. 
I really like this foundation and I got another one for Christmas but I think that I would definitely try other foundations before sticking to this one as my go-to foundation.  

Here are the before and after pictures (I took the after picture when I first got the foundation and I took the before one today because I'm having a home day and not putting make up on!)



Thank you so much for reading!

Speak soon! 

Kea xoxo

Created By Sora Templates