Friday, 18 December 2015

Why I love Christmas | Festive Friday

Hello everyone!

It's one week until Christmas! I'm very excited.
This is the third 'Festive Friday' post and today I'm going to be telling you about why I love Christmas and some of the Christmas traditions that I have.



Christmas is a lovely time of the year and just walking around and going in shops makes me feel festive because there is Christmas music playing and Christmas is being advertised everywhere.
I know that not everyone is lucky enough to be able to afford Christmas which can be hard because it is advertised everywhere and everyone is talking about it.

I love the build up to Christmas but I can honestly say that I love Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day the most. Everyone is happier around Christmas and I think that it's just a really cosy time of year.

I love doing Christmas shopping and of course, giving gifts. I always buy a lot for people at Christmas and I really do think that it's worth it because I love to give.

Christmas is my favourite time of the year, there are so many small things like I love about it.

  • Christmas songs 
  • Christmas films 
  • Feeling cosy 
  • Decorated Christmas trees 
  • Hot chocolate 
  • The food! 
  • Present giving 
  • The atmosphere, everyone seems excited and happy. 

Christmas Traditions

Christmas Day, we wake up and go into my Mum's room and open stocking presents and then we go into the lounge to open main presents. I like waking up and going to open stocking presents with Mum (I know some people open theirs in their room and then go and open the main presents) but I definitely prefer to open them with Mum and Nan.

We also have sausage rolls for breakfast and I don't know if anyone else does this?!

I also go to see my Dad's side of the family on Boxing Day which I really like (because two Christmas days!) and it's always nice.

Me and Chloe have our Christmas Day usually just under a week before Christmas and Sunniva and I have our Christmas Day whenever we can fit it in, usually just over a week before Christmas!

When I was younger, my Mum used to do a game after dinner, usually in the evening and she could make us all go and stand in the bathroom and she would go around and hide extra presents around the house and we would go and find them all and pile them up and sit down to open them. I loved this because it meant that the excitement wasn't all over after Christmas dinner. Mum wasn't going to do it this year so I took the job to do it and I had so much fun.

Thank you so much for reading!

Speak soon,
Kea xoxo




Created By Sora Templates